Quality product commitment
Hercules considers quality to be the most important factor in our commitment to be the industry leader in the supply of O-Rings, seals, and custom machined products. Through our ISO 9001 certified quality system, Hercules strives to supply products that meet our customers’ quality requirements and exceed their expectations, regardless of complexity. The backbone of our quality system is our quality policy: that the seals, seal kits, components, and other products supplied to worldwide customers are of the highest quality and continually meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our customers through our commitment to a continually improving quality management system.
Adherence to this quality policy enables us to continually improve our service and customer satisfaction levels, ensuring harmony between the objectives of Hercules and our customers. To this end, Hercules offers several quality related value-added services that directly impact the customer’s bottom line. These services include:
- Regulatory Practices
- Incoming Quality Inspection
- Material Certifications
Our inspection process allows us to ensure that supplied products conform to all specified requirements. In the rare instance of a customer complaint, our engineering department also provides the resources to quickly troubleshoot the problem for a quick resolution. The Hercules primary inspection tools are:
- Micro-Vu Vertex Vision Measurement System: The main inspection tool for Hercules is our Micro-Vu Vertex vision measurement systems. This highly sophisticated, computerized machine is capable of automatically measuring parts against industry standards or customer supplied prints or drawings. An advantage of the Micro-Vu over an optical comparator is that the Micro-Vu machine has the ability to take measurements in the Z-axis (vertically). This feature accommodates measurements of dimensions that would normally need to be taken on sectioned samples. Due to the 3D nature of the Micro-Vu measurement system, we have the capability of measuring distance, angle, radius, diameter, circularity, concentricity, flatness, parallelism, sphericity, true position, plus many more GD&T features.
- Measurement and Hardness Testing Equipment: Hardness is one of the most important physical properties of rubber materials. Hercules is equipped to measure incoming product on either Shore scale to help ensure that incoming parts meet customer hardness requirements. Normally, Hercules measures incoming product with the Shore A probe, however smaller parts may require durometer readings to be taken with the Shore M probe.
- AutoCAD Mechanical – Hercules uses AutoCAD® Mechanical software to accelerate the mechanical design process. It includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material. The AutoCAD Mechanical software give the Hercules engineer team a competitive edge by helping them save hours of effort, so they can spend time innovating rather than drafting.
- Inventor HSM CAD / CAM – The Inventor HSM™ CAD/CAM solution helps the Hercules engineers rapidly produce machined parts designed in virtually any CAD system. In addition to all the standard toolpath strategies for milling and turning operations, Inventor HSM includes advanced features such as adaptive clearing, integrated simulation and verification tools, and a powerful post-processor system to the Hercules engineering team achieve higher productivity and shorter wait time for the customer.